Some of our optometrists are therapeutically qualified, which means they can prescribe topical medications for eye infections and inflammation.
Our therapeutically endorsed optometrists are able to:
- Examine the anterior eye to facilitate management of patients presenting with red eye or other symptoms
- Manage ocular emergencies
- Provide primary care and treatment for ocular conditions such as dry eye and allergy
- Treat patients with glaucoma in co-management with ophthalmologists
- Examine patients for signs of ocular disease, including superficial infection and anterior eye disease, and where necessary, treat these patients or refer them for specialist ophthalmological assessment